Provided services as commissioning manager during an installation and commissioning of a new GE LM2500 DLE gasturbine-generator package located at Solvay Specialty Polymers, Spinetta Marengo, Italy.
The responsibilities included:
- Ensure environmental, health and safety (EHS) commitments are maintained.
- Organizing daily meetings with the site team, and the end user.
- Identify completed- and coordinate upcoming activities.
- Identify issues and organize the actions to resolve these working closely together with the project and engineering teams.
- Participate in meetings with vendors, subcontractors to resolve issues.
- Provide subject-matter expert advice and leadership.
- Monitor and improve the quality of the work being done.
- Supervise the commissioning of several systems.
- Identify and highlight the responsibilities to the subcontractors, technical advisers, and the end user.
- Red line, provide input for the as-built drawings.
Achievements have been completion of mechanical installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, first fire, synchronization and running in parallel with the grid, DLE combustor mapping, performance testing, and a ten day reliability run.
Also provided, as a control engineer, primary frequency control verifications for conformance with the grid code as set by the Italian electricity transmission system operator, Terna.