Born in 1973 in the center of The Netherlands and moved to Amsterdam in 1994 to study at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences. Here I accomplished in four years time a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Operational Technologies, specializing in Aeronautical Engineering.
My career started in 1998 working for a leading manufacturer doing field service, commissioning, and application engineering on turbo machinery such as gas turbines, steam turbines and compressors. In this role I have been able to combine my love for travel and fascination for technology in continous changing environments.
In 2008 I started to deliver services as an independent contractor to fulfill the need for new challenges and in this role I support a wider range of clients and projects.
Up to now I have gained 21 years of experience delivering services in electrical, instrumentation, and controls with gas turbines, steam turbines, compressors and diesel generators that are used in the energy, marine, oil & gas industry.
The definition of Telic is ‘Purposeful’ and this is what I achieve through every client on each project. I have completed through the years numerous engineering and commissioning projects on an international level for my clients and their customers, a wide range of leading manufacturers and end users.
Safety first applies to any job or location. I have achieved the following environment, health, safety and offshore safety training and certification:
- SCC VCA-VOL,
SCC VCA-VOL certification consists of:
- Risk of accident,
- Hazardous substances,
- Fire hazard,
- Explosion hazard,
- Working in confined spaces,
- Common working safely,
- Working safely with electricity,
- Safe working with tools,
- Safe working with hoist and forklifts,
- Safe working at heights,
- Lifting, tripping, slipping and falling,
- Personal protective equipment.
BOSIET certification is valid in NOGEPA, OLF and OPITO offshore locations and consists of:
- Safety induction,
- Fire safety and basic firefighting,
- First aid,
- Helicopter safety,
- Escape and survival at sea.
NEN3140 certification is the Dutch implementation of the European standard EN50110-1 and applies to all electrical systems with a nominal voltage of up to 1000 VAC or 1500 VDC. It consists of:
- Dutch workplace rules and legislation,
- Contents of the NEN3140:2011,
- Electrical safety: risks and hazards,
- Responsibilities and named persons according to NEN3140,
- Work and operational procedures according to NEN3140,
- Personal protection equipment for electrical safety,
- Isolated tools and measurement equipment.